Monday, April 1, 2013

Camp

I wish I were in Tuscon with the Iron Whiners! They look like they are having a great time and learning lots. I remember (and miss!) that feeling of being utterly smashed but still looking forward to that next workout.

I have other priorities this year, which meant no camp. I was ok with that until I saw all the giant smiles and blogs and Facebook posts. I still am ok with it, but I am also a bit bummed. Kris is totally killing it this year and I'm so curious about how I would've stacked up this year too. And, Linda and Aixa are also doing totally great! How much fun would it have been to go tackle Tuscon with that wonderful group of people?! The stories they'll tell....can't wait!

I know there will be other great opportunities out there for me, so I'm not too worried. So for now, I'll sit back at home and just live through social media. :)

2 comments:

Damie said...

amen, sista! I feel the same way. Hard to sit out, but we have to make choices sometimes in life and can't do it all. love you! we will get back there :)))))

Kris Cordova said...

Oh Shelly, you know I wish you were here too. I would also like to say that I had way more fun running on the trail with you last year than the sufferfest this year. I bet Linda would agree!